Sunday, September 11, 2011

Only Stamps Allowed - Rubber Cafe and The Paper Variety

This card was created for two challenge blogs - The Rubber Cafe and The Paper Variety.

The Paper Variety is celebrating their one year anniversary, and have thus challenged us to create FIVE paper projects by Tuesday.  Oh my!

The Rubber Cafe asked us to not use any printed paper...and instead use stamps to create a pattern.

I wanted to keep the card simple as I wanted to showcase the stamps.  Here's what I came up with:


I'm also using the post as my trial for the new InLinkz Link Manager - it helps me create a supply list that I can attach at the end.  So cool!

Anyway, I used a splatter patterned stamp (with Crumb Cake Ink) to create the background on the kraft paper.  I then inked the leaf stamp (with Soft Suede) to the top middle portion of the card.  I have an old Stampin Up retired set that has these itty bitty saying (which I stamped with Cajun Craze).  I then used a 1 1/8 punch to cut out the phrase (off center) to anchor the leaf.  A little ribbon, a little distressing of the kraft paper and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment