Monday, September 26, 2011

Cricut Monthly Challenge - Window Dressing

This month's Cricut Circle Challenge asked us to incorporate a window element.  I knew I wanted to make a card, but I didn't know which design I wanted to focus on.

I decided to use a card element from the Pagoda cartridge. The card itself has a window element built in, but I wanted to play with dimension here.

So I blocked the window element with white paper so that I could add some Japanese blossoms to the plain branches.  I then recut the card and cut out the frame of the front.  Basically, I cut the card in half and snipped of the tree.  Using thicker foam adhesive, I added the yellow frame to the card to make it feel like a window.  I really like the nook it created for the tree inside.


The only struggle I had with this cartridge was the card settings (size-wise).  I would have really liked this card to fit into a standard size envelope, but I couldn't get it to cut to that size.  I'll need to do some more homework to see if there's an easy way to do that.


Cartridge Cuts
card, curtain - 5.5 inches (cut twice)
branch1-s - 1.5 inches (cut mutliple times per flower color)

No comments:

Post a Comment