Friday, September 9, 2011

A love note for Cricut and Card Patterns

This week, thanks to Pinterest, I discovered a few more challenge sites - yay fun! I created a romantic looking card so I had to add a little "love" to the cover.  I had some long envelopes, so I decided to play with a 4x9 card size.



Card Patterns is a blog that posts sketches and asks you to create off the sketch.  From what I've seen, there are some really clever patterns and I can't wait to try out some more.  This week is sketch 131.


I decided to incorporate this sketch pattern with the August Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge.  That challenge asked me to use a Cosmo Crickey Product, 3 cricut image cuts, and one cuttlebug embossing folder.

I used a 2.5 inch gluber dot to make my lace flower.  I had actually bought the multi-pack of gubers awhile ago and this was the first time I used it.  I gotta say....they are pretty great.  Without much sewing (I sewed the top layer), I was able to use some lace trim to create this pretty flower.  I had an acrylic bead that I backed with blue paper and attached to the middle.


I switched the flowers from the sketch with little butterflies (these are a martha stewart punch).  I created little butterfly bodies with a brown copic marker to help bring int he brown from the scallopped trim.  The scallops are from Give a Hoot.  I don't have my notes on me, but it's one of the borders.  I cut it twice to have enough length.

I then found two pretty swirl accents also on Give a Hoot to add detail to the flower (like in the sketch) and the corner.

I used my cuttlebug folder, Polka Dots, to emboss the label.  I liked how the textured polka dots brought attention to the paper (a Die Cuts with a View pattern).

I really liked the overall effect of the sketch and the dimension that the gluber adhesive allowed me to have with a 3D flower.

Also submitting this for week 130 of the Allsorts Challenge Blog - Flowers and Swirls.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work. The lace rosette looks great and I love the shape of your card!
    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my Flowers and swirls challenge!
    Good luck and I hope to see you again
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete