This week, thanks to Pinterest, I discovered a few more challenge sites - yay fun! I created a romantic looking card so I had to add a little "love" to the cover. I had some long envelopes, so I decided to play with a 4x9 card size.
Card Patterns is a blog that posts sketches and asks you to create off the sketch. From what I've seen, there are some really clever patterns and I can't wait to try out some more. This week is sketch 131.
I decided to incorporate this sketch pattern with the August Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge. That challenge asked me to use a Cosmo Crickey Product, 3 cricut image cuts, and one cuttlebug embossing folder.
I used a 2.5 inch gluber dot to make my lace flower. I had actually bought the multi-pack of gubers awhile ago and this was the first time I used it. I gotta say....they are pretty great. Without much sewing (I sewed the top layer), I was able to use some lace trim to create this pretty flower. I had an acrylic bead that I backed with blue paper and attached to the middle.
I switched the flowers from the sketch with little butterflies (these are a martha stewart punch). I created little butterfly bodies with a brown copic marker to help bring int he brown from the scallopped trim. The scallops are from Give a Hoot. I don't have my notes on me, but it's one of the borders. I cut it twice to have enough length.
I then found two pretty swirl accents also on Give a Hoot to add detail to the flower (like in the sketch) and the corner.
I used my cuttlebug folder, Polka Dots, to emboss the label. I liked how the textured polka dots brought attention to the paper (a Die Cuts with a View pattern).
I really liked the overall effect of the sketch and the dimension that the gluber adhesive allowed me to have with a 3D flower.
Also submitting this for week 130 of the Allsorts Challenge Blog - Flowers and Swirls.