Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Snow-caine Overdose

Well, I'm not quite sick of being home yet, but I'm guessing I'll start to feel the itch tomorrow to just get out.

However, we've pretty much been ordered to stay away from work if we're non-essential patient staff.  What this means is.....if you don't take care of patients, then don't come into the office!  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I don't have to try and trek it to work like so many other folks, however the reason is that parking is still a nightmare around the Medical Center.  It's SNOW JOKE....a lot of streets still look like this!



If the situation is still ugly around a hospital, what's it look like outside my door?  Answer = I don't know!

Because I live in a basement apartment, I have no perspective of the street....so I can't tell if it's been plowed yet.  How funny is that?  I literally have to get my butt outside tomorrow to see...but they said it's going to be a high of 8 degrees tomorrow.  Ummm....I don't think I'm leaving the house because otherwise I'd might look like this!



This could be quite problematic for me when Friday rolls around, and I get cabin fever.  I'm sure there is going to be a nasty layer of ice on  my poor car :(

In the meantime, I've been able to occupy myself with a little fun tonight.  I watched two of my Netflix DVDs that I've had since NOVEMBER!  I watched Notes on a Scandal and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  Considering these were both nominated at the same time (maybe two years ago), you can see how far behind I am on my queue.  Both movies were excellent though and both starred Cate Blanchett (interestingly enough)!

While watching the movies, I've also scrapped a bit.  I recently learned about a cool organization called Card Cupids that sends cards to kids who need them (kids who need a little cheering up cuz they are sick).  They are based out of VA, and it looks like anyone can refer a munchkin to them, so I've already sent it off to our folks at the Medical Center.  They are a super new org (November 2010) with a heartfelt idea, so I'm all in!

Basically, people like me can make cards that they'll get to a little person who needs it!  It's really a cool idea, and a great way for me to use some of my inventory while feeling like I'm giving back.  Plus it's fun to make happy cards.  Here are a few pics - sorry for the awful photos...I'll try to take better pics later!  I can't figure out how to rotate them either, so I apologize!



No comments:

Post a Comment