Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog Weekly Challenge 21: Animal Magnetism

For this challenge your project must include something related to an animal. You can create your project for or about an animal, include an animal cut, use animal print, etc. Project must also contain a tleast 2 Cricut image cuts to qualify.

If you've been a part of my life since I started scrapbooking, then you know two things are true:
  1. I overspend on stuff because I do not currently have my existing inventory in any sort of order.
  2. Despite the years of scrapbooking, I have YET to make my own scrapbook.

What I love about these weekly challenges is that they are forcing me to create for fun (and possible prizes).  This means I get to play with some of my supply (and organize and I search through it), and I get to slowly build up pages and cards that are meant for no one in particular.  So I may just come out with the beginning of an album for ME!

Anyway, the current and only man in my life is my kitty, Charlie.  Charlie has been a part of my family (used to be mine and Sogol's family before she divorced me to get married) since November 2005.  I rescued him from my dad's coworker's house/barn.  The entire family was allergic to cats and their barn cat had had a litter.  When we visited them, we walked away with three beautiful kittens - two of which have remained in each other's lives since day one.

Charlie and Sol....the most playful and loving brothers ever.  I just love to watch these guys together.  This was a moment in time captured early in their lives, and it's fun to realize that you can still find these two sitting just like this!

I used some left over scraps from a bin of paper I have under my desk to make a contrasting background.

The cartridges I used to complete this page were Heritage (my newest addition) and Ashlyn's Alphabet.

heart from Ashlyn's Alphabet

Trying to make sure I date pages when I can...I'm terrible at this!
Also made a conscious decision to journal...I don't want to take for granted that I might not always remember who these two fellas are!
 

1 comment: