Monday, February 21, 2011

Cricut Magazine call out for submission to future Bday Idea book - Celebratory Cubes

Celebratory Cubes

Friends who scrapbook with me often tease me for my "simplicity."  They say that I often find designs that are simple at first glance but when you start to piece together what it will take to make one of my items, you often realize that it's something with lots of little details....so patience and a willingness to deal with tedious repetition is often needed to finish one of my projects.  This is one of those examples.


I'm really proud of this card...can't believe it translated from my head onto the page :)
The letters on the banner were really hard to cut out because they were so small.  Some of the thinner parts of the letters didn't come out clean, so I embellished the letters with glitter domes to add dimension and hide any "imperfections."
I followed the visual triangle rule and repeated the glitter domes in the corner embellishment.


  • Used Cricut Expression machine
Non-Cartridge Supplies
K&Company 12x12 Suzy Ultman Designer Paper - Lion Sleeps
5x7 card
Mark Richards Glitter Dome White Crystal stickers
Embroidery Floss in Dark Brown
Paper Source solid paper - Chocolate, Eco White


Cartridges (with cuts)
Accent Essentials
Accent27s, 1 inch (26 times in various colors)
Accent 27s, 3.25 inch
Accent 27s, 3 inch

Storybook
CrnrSwrl, Fancy/Corner (shift) - 1.74 inch

Plantin Schoolbook
letter for banner - 1/2 inch

Celebrations
girl - 1.5 inch
tribanner, blackout, shift - 1 inch

No comments:

Post a Comment