Monday, February 7, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog's Weekly Challenge #19 - the Whatevah! Challenge


Have I mentioned how much I love my Cricut Expression?  Well, as if I didn't already love it, I was recently clued in to their membership based blog that has weekly and monthly challenges!!!!!

So I decided to take a gander and enter this week's weekly challenge...it's theme is Whatevah!

Basically, I had to cut a shape from one of the cricut cartridges three times and use it in whatevah way I wanted, so I decided to take advantage of some extra photos I had from an album I just finished.  I used three images from three different cartridges and made sure to use triple versions of each.

Welcome the cuteness of Aasha!

What I used to make this adorable page:
  • Karen Foster paper - Sugar Sweet
  • Bo Bunny paper - Archivers limited edition pack (included pages from Flutter Butter, Delilah & Alissa)\
  • Flower cutouts - Stamping cartridge
  • Butterfly cutouts - Storybook cartridge
  • Leaf cutouts - Ashlyn's Alphabet cartridge
  • Tim Holtz distress inks - Dusty Concord, Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint, Pumice Stone
  • Tsukineko Shimmer - Copper Sheer
  • Alphabet stickers (no longer had the brand for either the green or purple letters)
I also took a stab at doodling on this layout a bit more than my last attempt.  I added some contrast to the butterflies, a flight path, and highlighting on the polka dots.  I also made sure to journal on the page which is a habit I'm trying to ingrain in my scrapbooking (you should always try to add some journalling to your pages).

2 comments:

  1. You're daughter is ADORABLE!!!

    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog and my layout. I too do not enter very often. I am my worst critic. I think your layout is wonderful. Keep entering, remember that they are random winners!! Everyone will win at some point. It is really exciting though.

    Glad to have found your blog, I am your newest follower!!! Welcome to the Circle!! I hope you love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - thanks for following, Liza! Unfortunately for me, this is not my little munchkin (I don't have any yet)....but she's part of my circle of little bugs that I adore to scrap about.

    P.S. I can't believe they are random winners (though I guess that's more fair). Happy that yours randomly won!

    ReplyDelete