Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge: My Sweet Valentine

Today's crafty project was my submission for the Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge.  

The My Sweet Valentine challenge asked us to use at least four Cricut cuts and include something edible in the design. I thought this would be a fun challenge, so I decided to give it a whirl.

I have pretty much only stuck to traditional scrapbooking and card making, but I wanted to try something new.  Enter into my crafty world - the altered pail.

It's filled with yummy chocolate, of course!

I added a few fun ribbons (sorry for the blurry picture).  It's been fun to look through my stuff for these projects/contests....I'm being force to remind myself of what I have.  Best ribbon found...the adorable XOXOXO.


On the other side of the pail, I added a cute tag which I layered with a canvas (inked) heart that I stapled.  I also had some $1 Jo-Ann fabrics metal embellishments (from a thank you set) that I layered on top of the canvas heart.  I really like the different textures.


Lastly, I added a little fun to the lid cuz who doesn't "enjoy" chocolate!

So what are the cricut cartridges I used to make this cute valentine treat holder?
  • Heart border (bottom of pail) - Storybook (3/4 inch, cut 9 times to make it around the base of the pail)
  • word Love - Winter Woodland (1 3/4 inch)
  • capital U - Ashlyn's Alphabet (2.5 inch)
  • scalloped circle on lid - Graphically Speaking (3 inch)
  • Hearts on lid - Accent Essentials (2.5 and 2 inch)
  • Enjoy on lid - Graphically Speaking (1.5 inch)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute project!!

    I just saw your comment on the LF blog. Could you direct me to the web cast? I can't seem to find it! Thank you so much! I so look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete