The My Sweet Valentine challenge asked us to use at least four Cricut cuts and include something edible in the design. I thought this would be a fun challenge, so I decided to give it a whirl.
I have pretty much only stuck to traditional scrapbooking and card making, but I wanted to try something new. Enter into my crafty world - the altered pail.
It's filled with yummy chocolate, of course!
I added a few fun ribbons (sorry for the blurry picture). It's been fun to look through my stuff for these projects/contests....I'm being force to remind myself of what I have. Best ribbon found...the adorable XOXOXO.
On the other side of the pail, I added a cute tag which I layered with a canvas (inked) heart that I stapled. I also had some $1 Jo-Ann fabrics metal embellishments (from a thank you set) that I layered on top of the canvas heart. I really like the different textures.
Lastly, I added a little fun to the lid cuz who doesn't "enjoy" chocolate!
So what are the cricut cartridges I used to make this cute valentine treat holder?
- Heart border (bottom of pail) - Storybook (3/4 inch, cut 9 times to make it around the base of the pail)
- word Love - Winter Woodland (1 3/4 inch)
- capital U - Ashlyn's Alphabet (2.5 inch)
- scalloped circle on lid - Graphically Speaking (3 inch)
- Hearts on lid - Accent Essentials (2.5 and 2 inch)
- Enjoy on lid - Graphically Speaking (1.5 inch)