I'll spare you all from my silly blizzard nicknames...I think I've used all the ones I like by now. Ha!
We were once again "banned" from coming to work due to the parking situation so I had to work remotely. Totally cool, of course. I'm blessed to have the ability to access all my files and emails from home. So it was a normally productive day
with a twist!
While I worked, I also had the chance to access all my art supplies and start on a project I've been meaning to start forever. It's kinda fun to have both items at my full disposal - work and fun.
Awhile ago, I update the rug, hand towels and oven mitts in my kitchen. They are more of a mod feel.
But my wall art was more French Art Nouveau (which I mistakenly called art deco). I'd like to publicly apologize to all my true artist friends - I will never mix the two up again as they are so clearly different. This is one of the posters currently in my kitchen.
Obviously, there was a major mismatch of styles in my kitchen, and it was driving me crazy! So I told myself that I needed to take advantage of my time at home and do something about it.
So I took out all my cricut cartridges and frantically looked through them for items that might work. Thankfully, I had SEVERAL options to choose from, but in the end used flowers, leaves and birds from the following cartridges:
- Ashlyn's Alphabet
- Winter Wonderland
- Graphically Speaking
I layered all the cutouts over freehanded branches and then distressed the whole thing with Tim Holtz inks (Pumice Stone and Vintage Photo colors).
Lastly, I crudely painted the frame with old acrylic paint. It was a bit clumpy, but it didn't matter too much as I knew that I would be sanding some off to give it a distressed look. I tried to paint as evenly as possible.