Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sympathy Card - Published by Cricut

I believe it's now safe to re-post this card.  This was my second publication with Cricut.  I honestly was totally surprised that they chose this card because I thought it was so simple.  However, I'm guessing that's exactly why they wanted it.  Something simple, something pretty, something a beginner cricut user could make.  Anyway, hope you enjoy.  You can find this card on page 18 of the most recent Cricut Idea Book (Cricut Cards).

I think Sympathy cards are the toughest to make...not only because no words can take away someone's pain, but because it seems wrong to give something cheerful.  I had some leftover scraps from a monochromatic card that I made when I realized that this is the trick to not feeling like you're minimizing someone's pain.  Soft muted colors, tastefully placed will result in a card that anyone can feel good about.


To give the card a little dimension, I added the clear expoxy circles to the middle of the flowers and I popped up one of the flowers in the bunch.  This is what I called understated whim.


Machine used:  Cricut Expression

Supplies
DCWV - The Lace & Linen Stack
Versa color - sandal
Paper Studio - Bubble-a-Bilities
Martha Stewart Craftstock Value Pack - mint green
The Paper Company - Chocolate Linen Textured Cardstock

Cricut cartridges and cuts

Once Upon a Princessteapot, tag - 1.25 inch, 1.5 inch

StampingSo Sorry - 1 inch
Greenery - 2.75 inch

Accent Essentials
Accnt27s - 4 inch

No comments:

Post a Comment