Sunday, August 21, 2011

My first digital stamp card

Because I don't have enough to do (ha!), I've decided to submit my information to the Card Cupids Design Team call.  If chosen, I would be asked to post 1 new project per week and participate in the Card Cupids events.  

I love how this is one of many agency's that allows me to marry my love for cardmaking/scrapbooking with a cause.  Charity Wings and Crops of Luv are two other great orgs that support specific causes in their own unique ways.  I'm actually a volunteer blog writer for Charity Wings, so I'll admit to being a little bias there :)

If you don't know about Card Cupids (whom I've mentioned before in this blog), do check them out!

Part of the submission process asked us to use a digital stamp to create a card for a young person. I honestly didn't even know where to begin - as I've never worked with digital stamps.  So I had no clue where to find one to use.  Thankfully google helped me with that obstacle and I found a cute digital stamp from Back to Paper.

I was dreading being forced to work with one because I couldn't imagine making it work with my style of card making.  I decided to challenge myself and played around, and I was pleasantly surprised.  I might have to start finding other cute digital stamp sites to see if there is an I want to play around with next.


I've actually also really lucked out on this one...it also follows this month's Lily Pad Cards Sketch Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment