Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Rubber Cafe Challenge #31 - Through the Window

This week's Rubber Cafe challenge asked us to create a window scene.  They actually have a really cute new stamp set that I might just have to get, but because I didn't already have it...I had to get creative.

At the Scrapbook Expo in Chicago this past weekend, a vendor stopped by the crop to donate a bunch of chipboard.  Yup....DONATE to a bunch of crafters. You can probably already imagine the mad dash to pick some up before it all went away.

I realized that this was the perfect material for me to work with.  So I pulled out my exacto knife and self-healing mat (I had brought them along in case I had time to work on some papel picado projects).  I created my own little window with panes and "painted" the chipboard with white pigment ink.  I'm sure you can already imagine the layers of ink I had to add to the chipboard as it soaked it all in.  



Once it reached a happy level of white, I proceeded to create my little "outside" scene.  I had some paper from a stack that used photos instead of graphic design.  There was a pretty orange speckled page (I'm still unsure what it was a photo of exactly), but I thought it would be great to create morning (dawn) in my window.  I used some coredinations mustard-yellow card stock to create my sun.

I inked a bit of the sun with Stampin Up More Mustard classic stamping pad.  Just to create a little shading.

To offset the oranges of the dawn, I used some "jean" paper from that same photo paper to create the wall paper on the inside of my house.

I added a little bird and flowers from a Hampton Art clear stamp set called "Tree."
The "thinking of you" stamp was from a Fiskars sentiments clear stamps - "love"

I added some glossy accents to all the stamping to bring out the color of the inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment