Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My "own" papel picado pattern

Oh my goodness...this was so much harder than I thought it was going to be.  I'm still laughing at myself.

After watching my second session of my papel picado class, I decided I was ready to give it a full force try.  I watched Patrick draw his guidelines, his overall pattern and cross grid.  So of course I dove in confidently.

I soooo did not expect that it would be as complicated as it was!

So I started off with a drawing...I used some die cuts I had as stencils to help with the "shapes".  I'm not the best drawer in the world so I thought this would help with the symmetrical look.

Pre-coloring in....I thought I was all set!

The second step is to color in your design.  I added more cross-grids because the scale didn't feel right in my template.

I clearly didn't think through the letters!  Ha ha ha.....I'm definitely going to need to practice letters.
I'll pat myself on the back for the first attempt.  I think it would pass, don't you?!  I'm eager to learn more and see what I can come up with in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment