Sunday, August 28, 2011

Card Cupids: Birthday Bundles

I think I mentioned that I was happily chosen to join the design team for Card Cupids.  The announcement hasn't yet been made, but I'm excited to start sharing some of my cards with their blog readers (especially since they are forcing me to get comfortable with digital stamps).

Anyway, one of the coolest new projects they are working on is a Birthday Bundles initiative in the DC metro area.  The idea here is that blog followers will create handmade birthday cards to support a homeless shelter in the North Virginia area.  These birthday cards (with general birthday greetings) will be given to the kids at the shelter along with a little birthday surprise.  So the many "forgotten" birthdays (due to financial inability) will NOT go forgotten.

Because of my Stamp Club, I had a stash of cards I was able to add greetings to, and I just made multiple copies of a quick birthday card (see below).  So glad I'll be able to send these out tomorrow.

 

Some of my favorite birthday greetings for these cards were:

  • Wishing you all the fun and excitement that only birthdays can bring!
  • Wishing you a cheerful birthday!
  • Wishing you a birthday filled with fun and joy!
  • It's hard to believe that you're a whole year cooler than you were last year!
  • Wishing you love, sunshine and laughter; Not just for today but all the days after!
  • One day just isn't enough to celebrate someone as wonderful as you!
  • Hoping that your day will be as special as you are!
  • Hope your birthday blossoms into lots of dreams come true!
  • May today be filled with sunshine and smiles, laughter and love!
  • Wishing you everything happy for your bithday!
  • A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip! 

And don't forget fill out the submission form when you send in your cards!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment