Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lily Pad Cards Challenge - Frog's Whisker's Ink Fabric/Felt Challenge

I have been dying to try out a new stamp set of mine from Stampin Up! called Kimono Kids.  I have these need/obsession to always nab any stamp sets that showcase cultures and/or are in a language other than English.  I've learned that if people don't purchase these cute stamps, they'll disappear.  So to avoid missing out, I usually grab them right away.

Why?  Because I believe everyone deserves the chance to celebrate every aspect of themselves in the paper crafting world.  So to find stamps that celebrate that (though unfortunately often with very standard cookie cutter imagery), I choose to support.
I love this stamp set because of the adorable saying - "One good friend is worth a thousand relatives."  The East Asian culture is very similar to the Latino culture in terms of embracing/including members well beyond the nuclear family.  So I find this saying precious and appropriate (because it is to me).

Anyway, Lily Pad Cards posted a challenge that asked us to incorporate fabric/felt.  Having done a similar challenge on the Cricut blog not too long ago...I knew what technique I wanted to use here.

I was going to once again stamp on fabric....color the image in with copics...and adhere it to paper with my xyron to make it sturdy enough to use.  I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz ink called Pumice Stone and frayed them to showcase the fabric.

I didn't want to inundate the card with too much, so I kept it simple and absolutely love how it turned out!


1 comment:

  1. You're so right, they are adorable! Lovely soft colors, too - thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete