Friday, March 4, 2011

This card makes me laugh - the U Suck! card (cricut mag submission)

Most of us can remember that time when you found out one of your friend's was moving.  If it happened to be yoru BFF in grade school or high school...then it seemed like the end of the world.  With them help of the cute High School Stack from DCWV (I love the wide-ruled paper I used as my background), I was able to recreate the doodling that would occur when emotions were at play and I could do nothing to change the fact that my BFF was leaving me 4eva!


I chuckle every time I look at this card!  It feels so familiar!

I promised myself that this was the year that I would experiment with doodling.  This "wide-ruled" paper from the DCWV High School Stack was the perfect opportunity and reason to whip out the sharpie!

I've also forced myself to play with textures and layers.  When I first started scrapbooking, I would keep things flat for the purpose of being able to archive without damaging my photos.  While still important when appropriate, I've given myself a lot more freedom to add depth (physical) to my work.

Machine used:  Cricut Expression

Supplies
DCWV - The High School Stack
Paper Studio - Blue cardstock
The Paper Company - Chocolate Linen Textured Cardstock
Permanent marker - black
Foam dots

Cricut cartridges and cuts

Plantin SchoolbookU - 3.5 inches
U, shadow - 3.5 inches

Ashlyn's Alphabetsuck!, block - 1.25 inches
4, block - 3/4 inches

2 comments:

  1. This card is hilarious!!! You should definitely have this one published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love out-of-the-box cards... and this is a perfect example :D

    ReplyDelete