Friday, March 4, 2011

Feliz Aniversario - Cricut Card Idea Book submission #5

Sorry for all the crazy posts today :)  My goal is to submit at least 10 designs to the cricut call out, and they are due tomorrow.  I've been writing down designs for the past week and have been busy trying to create them.

This is submission #5....I'm trying to give myself a fighting chance of getting published and I have no idea how often they ask for submissions, so this may be it for the year (who knows!).



Anniversary cards are really hard to find, so I wanted to make something simple that could be replicated in various colors and papers.  Because I've really gotten into Kraft paper, I also tried to add paper that complimented the natural texture and color of the kraft paper.

Machine used:  Cricut Expression

Supplies
The Paper company - Natural Fashion Colors
DCWV - The Luxury Stack
DCWV - The Guy Stack
2 cream buttons (1/2 inch)
5/8 inch ribbon (orange)
Recollections brads - copper mini cricles
Distress ink - Vintage Photo
Stampin' Up! Frases basicas- feliz, aniversario
Embroidery floss - DMC 3825

Cricut cartridges and cuts

StorybookOnceUpon, Accent Blackout - 4.75 inches (cut in half)
Florish3 - 5.25 inch (cut off two scallops of edge)

3/4 inch strip of cream paper...mounted ribbon on top of this

Not sure why the photo is on it's side, but I took this picture so you could see the dimension that the tag and buttons add to the card.

1 comment: