Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project 16: The Rubber Cafe, Charity Wings, Crops of Luv connection

I'm purposely holding off on publishing this post until it's officially March 16th :)

As I have mentioned in past blogs, I'm one of the volunteer bloggers for a California based agency called Charity WingsCharity Wings helps crafters, like me, organize and/or participate in events that benefit various charitable causes.  As someone who has made a career of working in the non-profit sector, I jumped at the chance to use my creativity for community benefit.



In late January, Charity Wings broadcasted a webcast from CHA in which the "fee" paid for viewing benefited an agency called Crops of Luv based in Arizona. Crops of Luv makes scrapbook albums for families of youth who are dealing with critical illnesses. 


I've just made contact with Crops of Luv to see how I can help out from Chicago, and I plan to send them my first package next Monday.

Anyway!  During the webcast, I was the random winner selected to get a Candy Rosenberg designed stamp set from The Rubber Cafe.  This stamp set ironically benefits Charity Wings!  Of all the prizes that I could have won that weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to win this one.



The Rubber Cafe is currently hosting a challenge where we were supposed to make an "easel" card and use one of their stamp sets.  I jumped at the opportunity to learn something new and to use my great Charity Wings stamps!

How cool is this shape.  The top standing part folds out and lays on top of the base for easy shipping.

see the Charity Wings logo?! Also, please note...I used some of my brand new Copic Markers for the first time.

I heart this quote!

My supplies!  Would you believe me if I told you that I went old school on this card....NO CRICUT!  What?!  I must be coming down with something :)

  • The Rubber Cafe - Cling Mount Rubber Stamp S-113 "Steampunk" Charity Wings
  • Stampin Up! Classic Stampin' Pad - Soft Suede
  • Stampin Up! Classic Stampin' Pad - Basic Gray
  • Adirondack Lights - Acrylic Paint Dabber, Sandal
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Old Paper
  • Recollections Boutique Fleur - Floral Embellishments, 170947
  • Recollections Boutique Fleur - Floral Embellishments, 170945
  • Kaiser Scrapbook Rhinestones - SB751 Soft Pink
  • Foam dots

1 comment: