Friday, March 11, 2011

Cricut Magazine Challenge: February

I think it's rather fitting that my project for this challenge was so timely.

This month's magazine challenge asked us to use the Cricut Everyday cartridge (something you get when you sign up for the blog).  We were supposed to create something that we could use to define ourselves at Meet-Ups, Crops, the Stampede or any other circle event.

I knew instantly that I needed to make something that I could have at crops with me, but I didn't know what.  Then it dawned on me.  I'm known for carrying around notebooks, notepads to jot down thoughts, create lists and/or create sketches. 

For my crops, this often means pieces of loose paper are carefully guarded as I jot down my latest creation.  So I needed a place to store them.  A place where I could save all my blog posts (with pics), my submissions for publications, and my actual sketches.

So I created my own sketch binder!
sorry about the glare...it's a binder with the plastic cover to insert a cover.  I'm up-cycling something that has been sitting on my shelves for months.

This is sooooo true.

I just love the cricut "uneven" eyes and quirky smile.
self-aware of my illness
side pocket for all the loose idea sheets
my tabs
When I envisioned making this project, I made myself add a "published" section in the hope that I would one day move one of my creations to that section.  Well, I'm super thrilled to say that as I was finishing this up last night, I received an email from Provocraft letting me know that they wanted to use one of my submissions in a future Birthday Idea book.

Holy What?!  The crazy thing is that the card they selected was the VERY FIRST card I had sent them!  Here's hoping I have similar luck for future publications! 

For their future Birthday Idea Book - I had submitted three cards and honestly didn't think I stood a chance at all!

For their future Card Idea Book - I submitted 10 cards, so here's hoping I have increased my odds of getting published a second time!

Supplies
DCWV - The Ultimate Premium Stack (green background paper from the Fall section, cut 10x11 inch) 
DCWV - The Green Stack
The Paper Company - White Cardstock Sheets
Paper Source - Chocolate cover weight paper
DCWV - The Guy Stack
K&Company, Marcella by K - Wedding Floral Accents

Cricut Everyday
cake-s -- 5 inches
cake -- 5 inches
album, font 1 -- 1 inch
cake, phrase -- 1.5 inches
circle -- 3 inches
cricut2, layer 1 -- 8 inches & 8.25 inches
screen, phrase -- 3.25 inches

Platin Schoolbook
cover title (Nubia's Sketches) - 1 inch
inside title (ideas), roly poly settin - 2 inches

3 comments:

  1. This is a neat project for the said challenge. Goodluck on being published again.

    Let me take this oppurtunity too to thank you for visiting my blog and for the lovely comment. The comment you left on my Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge entry was so sweet and inspiring. BTW, I just became a follower :-).

    About the storage unit. It was a bookcase from Ikea. I'm not sure anymore what's the name but normally when you go to the store, bookcases are all on one spot. I'm sure you wouldn't miss it!

    Hugs!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete