Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3 year old Presentacion

In Latino families, there is a ceremony called La Presentacion of a 3 year old child to the Catholic Church.  No one in my family has ever really had one, so I'm sorry to say that that is about all I know about the event.  The ceremonial aspect of the event is much like a baptism from what I can tell, but the child is already baptized.  It's literally almost like an introduction to the church of the toddler.

I've been trying to find a link to a description of the ceremony so that I could link it up here, but I'm not having much luck.  Sorry!

Anyway, I've been a little off the radar lately because I've been making some cute invitations for a little boy's upcoming Presentacion.  It was modeled after my Quinceanera card, but with a very boyish feel.  Being from Chicago, my cousin pointed out that this little guy looked like our former governor, Rod Blagojevich - ha!  So not intentional but I totally see it.

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! It does look like the Governor, but he's so cute in his little suit.

    ReplyDelete