Saturday, October 1, 2011

My European vacation memory - London

I've spent this week playing with sketches to make myself pages.  This week's sketch at The Paper Variety is no exception...and I think I may love this sketch the best (I know I keep saying this for every new sketch that I try).


The original sketch had the photo block "floating" in the middle of the 12x12 layout.  I have a hard time with layouts like that, so I always have to find ways to anchor these floating sketches.

I had this paper (links coming soon) that had pretty dandelion-like flowers.  Because I had a couple of sheets of this paper, I took a second sheet and cut out some of the flowers.  Using dimensional foam, I laid the flowers directly on top of where they are on the main piece of paper.  I strategically placed them in locations where the sketch called for an embellishment.  I instantly felt better about the overall look of the page. 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous photo's and layout! Thank you for playing with us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job. I love how you cut out the flowers and popped them up over the background paper. Wonderful look. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your layout! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog, you are very kind. I am a new follower!-Raquel aka Latinacreativa @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this LO, great colours, use of the sketch and I love the circles :) Thanks for joining in with the sketch challenge at TPV this week :)

    ReplyDelete