Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sorry to spoil the surprise

Sometimes I have to vent....well complain...about how great my friends are!  It's just my luck that an item I made for a challenge could also be a piece of a birthday present for one of my best gals.  Ugh!  I hate that I'm posting this but it's too cute!

The only saving grace is that she's coming into town this weekend so I'll get to hand it over.  So much for the surprise!  Hope she likes it.


The Cricut Circle Magazine Challenge asked us to use Echo Park paper for our creations.  I used the adorable Victoria Gardens paper pack and used the Storybook Cricut cartidge for the majority of this project.  The only non-Storybook item on here are the dragonflies which came from the Pagoda cartridge.


Because I purchased the smallest of the 7gypsies shadowboxes (the Solo Shadowbox), I didn't have as much room as I expected, so I concentrated my Cricut cuts on the decorative doilies along the top part of the frame.  This 2x2 inch square totally showed me why people are addicted to Artist Trading Cards.  Though my level of detail does not even begin to compare to an ATC, I did enjoy seeing the layers of small items come together to add the perfect decorative touch.


I can also already hear my friends screaming - "These would be great grandparent gifts!"  I leave for my winter holiday in mid-December, so let me know now if you want me to make a little something for the grandparents, lolas, lolos, abuelos and abuelas :)  I got you!

Pagoda
Dragnfly, 1.5 inches

Storybook
Florish4, accent/frame, 1.75 inches
flower1, shadow  1.5 inches and 1.25 inches
Butrfly2, 1.25 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment