Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Potato Burger

One of the other things I love to do is eat....and cook!  Pinterest has been an evil source of many yummy things I'd like to make. 

Today I finally tried a recipe I pinned the other day for Sweet Potato Burgers.  I've been trying to cook more now that I have a fantastic normal sized kitchen.  I made the decision to make these at work today so I stopped by the closest grocery store to me.  My recipe called for Tahini sauce and of course my local Jewel did not have any. So there I am, googling Tahini recipes and I decided to wing it and make my own!

I bought roasted sesame seeds...added some olive oil, garlic, and lime juice and blended them in my food processor.  I have a "pretend" processor...it's one of those $10 mini ones you get at Target.  Gets the job done, but sometimes (like today) it doesn't have enough power to blend smoothly.  End result? Grainy but yummy smoky tahini sauce. 

Note to self - buy myself a real sized food processor!

The burger was delicious and I'm so glad to have a bunch for the rest of the week.  Thank goodness I love sweet potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment