Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Progressive art journal week 4 - something clear and a sketch

I think Liz Hicks is trying to make us pull our hair out :)  For this week's assignment, she asked us to sketch and to use something clear in our final page layout.

I hadn't had a chance to make a page about my sister for the "dear to your heart" segment, so I wanted to make sure I made one now.  I totally didn't expect to have to try and SKETCH her.

I started with one of my favorite pics of Kristine.

The long swept bangs and bright colored clothes, plus the pretty make-up on the ONE eye you can see pretty much sums up my sister's look.  The only thing missing here is fun colored hair - her favorite being Pink.

We had to sketch and use something clear in our final product.  I had some fun acrylic pieces from an album I made for a wedding, so I figured why not use on here, right?


I found a little pic of Kris when she was very little that I used to have on my wall at work.  I thought it would be fun to put in here to show how cute she used to be and how ugly she's gotten now (kidding, of course!).

I added some journaling and some damask stamps (her favorite pattern).  I'm afraid to keep adding, so I'm going to stop here.  Overall, I think my sketch sort of looks like my munchkin...so I'm pretty pleased with myself :)

6 comments:

  1. i love what you did!!!
    i will post mine tonight (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna go check right now. Thank you for the comment! I'm really having so much fun with this :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, you did great!! Love this
    she is beautiful and so is your page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too sweet! I heart my little sister...so i'll gladly take the compliment on her behalf :) I can't wait to come and see what everyone else has done!

      Delete
  3. I love this and I am completely jealous that I wouldn't be able to do something so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April! Thank you so much! Never say never....I certainly wouldn't have thought I could do this until I tried!

      Delete