Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our secret baby surprise - Welcome Ellie!

I'm sorry I had been so silent in terms of my visual creations...but I was busy working on a special surprise for our dear friend, Barbara.

Sweet Barbara and her husband Matt are brand new parents to baby Ellie Marie.  We didn't have much time to plan for her arrival but we knew that we wanted to throw a special welcome tea to meet the latest nugget of cuteness in our lives. 

It was a hectic time but soooo worth it.

Our special surprise tea also happened to fall on February 12th....my day to take 12 pictures.  So here are a few snapshots from that day.  With the help of Barbara's great camera and picture taking skills, I got a couple of extra great moments to remember the day.

Sogol and her husband Aren have a beautiful home that provided an exquisite background to our tea party.  Being Persian, Sogol is also a proud owner of a beautiful tea set...that helped us set the mood for the day.
When our mini guest of honor arrived...we couldn't wait to get our snuggles in.  Outside of waking up to get some grub, Ms. Ellie slept the whole afternoon away.
 I had to improvise on making this banner as my craft room has to be fully unpacked.  I ended up using the pages of a bo bunny chipboard album to create the banner pieces.  I really like the shape of the banner.


Being so close to Valentine's Day, we decided to girlify the event and incorporate both reds and pinks.  Our little take home favors were mini mason jars filled with sugar red hearts (for all the love we shower on Ellie).  I also took this opportunity to play with bottle caps to embellish each jar with Ellie's first initial and a mini button heart.

One of the easiest decor elements was making onesie cupcake toppers.  While we didn't have many cupcakes at the tea, there certainly wasn't a shortage of treats.

 Sogol and Aren were very concerned with their mismatching china and tea set.  I mean, really!  Everything looks lovely.  I made tissue paper pom poms to use as napkin ring holders.  Added a little bit of delicate detail to the place settings.


What's a baby shower without a diaper cake, right?!


The fastest scrapbook I've ever made!  Thank goodness for these adorable "word" albums.  Perfect amount of whimsy with just enough space for mom and dad to add pictures later.


This is the part of the afternoon where Roya has decided she needs a consultation with her attorney regarding Ellie's trademark violation.  How dare she take my title of Baby?! I believe Tajani calmly reminded her that the request to trademark that name was rejected.  Poor Roya!

To make matters worse, Baby Ellie also occupied Roya's favorite space for quite some time - Mommy's Arms!  (Don't you just love Sogol's dress - so cute!)

Auntie Rose was quick to help Roya cool her heels.  I think Roya was starting to feel a little embarrassed about the legal fuss she was trying to create.

That's when we realized that we had forgotten to set a formal place setting for Roya.  We resolved that immediately and I think she settled in quite nicely.  

Here's the newest mommy of our group - Barbara.  She looks incredible and IS incredible with our delicate new addition. 


Thank you for indulging all the crazy Tias that Ellie will have - we love you and can't wait to share in this journey with you and Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment