Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 2011 Card Chain Challenge

I've recently become obsessed with a blog called Lily Pad Cards. I happened upon them accidentally and boy am I glad I did. They have great instructional videos and challenges.  Much of what I've seen so far is so simple to do - all levels of card makers can have fun with their layouts.

For the July 2011 challenge, they gave us several options to play with.  I decided to use their sketch as my guide.


My version opted for a circle instead of an oval because I didn't have anything to make the oval with.  My self cut oval was very lop-sided.  I hope it's okay that I slightly modified it.


Each of the cards created will be added to the card exchange.  People from all over the globe participate in this challenge and I'm eager to see where my card will come from and where the one I created above will go.  I can't wait to see the techniques that others use....so much fun!

Lastly, I just want to thank my high school friend, Erin, for all the paper and supply donation.  unfortunately for her, she gave up the scrapping hobby...but fortunately for me, she remembered I loved to create and passed along the supplies.  This card was created with about 80% of Erin's old supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment