Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #35: Patriotic Pride Challenge!

It's been such a long time since I have devoted some creative effort to the weekly challenges at the Cricut Circle.  I've been so consumed and obsessed with my friend's wedding and then my other friend's baby shower, that I sort of let the Cricut Circle sit there.

Never fear - I'm back!

Baby Jimenez is coming to the world tomorrow (!!!!) and I can't wait to start creating some fun stuff for him/her.  I'm actually starting to feel really bad for my other friends and family as I didn't own a Cricut when their munchkins were born.  I might have to start planning for things I can make the rest of the crew this year. 

Anyway, this week's challenge was to show our patriotic pride.  I wanted to make sure I got this done in time, so I made a quick card that was inspired by a Lily Pad Cards blog posting.

Super easy to make and the final result has a lot of texture and character!


  1. First I cut three strips of white paper - 1 1/4 inch x 5 1/8 inch
  2. I embossed each strip with white powder using a stamp set from Clear Stamps - Autumn Leaves Scribbles Hearts & Stars.
  3. I blended dye inks on each of the strips....lighter colors of each.  I used a mixture of Tim Holtz ranger inks and some of the Classic stamp pads from Stampin' Up!
  4. Using foam dimensionals, I adhered the strips to a white block of paper - 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 inch
  5. I tied a piece of thin white ribbon to the bottom strip at the lower right hand side
I then added some quick Cricut embellishments to finish off the card.  These are the cuts and cartridges I used.

Storybook
EverAftr - Accent Blackout - 3 inches

Stamping
Happy Birthday saying (only used the Happy) - 2 inches

Heritage
Tree4 - Word - 1 inch

No comments:

Post a Comment