Never fear - I'm back!
Baby Jimenez is coming to the world tomorrow (!!!!) and I can't wait to start creating some fun stuff for him/her. I'm actually starting to feel really bad for my other friends and family as I didn't own a Cricut when their munchkins were born. I might have to start planning for things I can make the rest of the crew this year.
Anyway, this week's challenge was to show our patriotic pride. I wanted to make sure I got this done in time, so I made a quick card that was inspired by a Lily Pad Cards blog posting.
Super easy to make and the final result has a lot of texture and character!
- First I cut three strips of white paper - 1 1/4 inch x 5 1/8 inch
- I embossed each strip with white powder using a stamp set from Clear Stamps - Autumn Leaves Scribbles Hearts & Stars.
- I blended dye inks on each of the strips....lighter colors of each. I used a mixture of Tim Holtz ranger inks and some of the Classic stamp pads from Stampin' Up!
- Using foam dimensionals, I adhered the strips to a white block of paper - 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 inch
- I tied a piece of thin white ribbon to the bottom strip at the lower right hand side
EverAftr - Accent Blackout - 3 inches
Happy Birthday saying (only used the Happy) - 2 inches
Tree4 - Word - 1 inch