Friday, March 26, 2010

Playing with my new toys!

So about 2 weeks ago, I was surprised with a special gift.  I was given Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator CS3.  Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been dreaming of owning these two programs for years, and now I have them in my little hands to play with.  I'm like a kid in a candy shop.

I've played with both programs on and off over the years, but I just couldn't convince myself that I could justify the cost of purchasing them myself.  My love for scrapbooking and my frustration in not being able to find items that are culturally relevant are more than enough reason to purchase the software...yet I didn't.

Now, I have no more excuses.  I will be learning how to use these programs to make custom stamps, logos, maybe even paper!  I can't wait!!!!!!

I've been playing around with the software today, and I made my first flower.  Check it out!

I was hoping to add some shading and fill in some areas, but I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.  I can't say this is a bad start though.  The basic shell of the flower is exactly what I wanted it to look like, so I'm not complaining.

I just need to continue playing around and searching for some on-line tutorials to teach me a few fun things.

Can't wait to get started on making the culturally relevant stuff I really want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment