Thursday, March 15, 2012

Take Twelve on the 12th Day project - February

Some time at the end of last year, I proclaimed that I was going to try and take a picture a day and make a layout a day.  Considering my scrapbooking tends to be quite layered, I quickly learned that this was not a feasible goal for me.  There are very talented people who have put together kits where this might be possible next year, but my initial design plan needed to quick modification.

That's when I discovered the Ella Publishing Company's Take Twelve project.  The basic concept is that you take twelve photos on the twelfth day of each month and then create a layout about that day in your life.  I still need to go back and do January and March, but February was SUPER easy to do because we threw a surprise baby shower for my friend Barbara that day.

The Take Twelve project does have templates that you can use to figure out how to lay out your photos, but I decide to take a stab at it on my own to see what I could come up with.  Twelve photos are A LOT of photos, so I had to create a plan ahead of time so that I knew how to print up my photos.

I'm pretty pleased with the final layout!  I knew that I wanted to highlight the guest of honor, but I still needed to have enough room for all the other pics.


  • The big photo of Ellie is 4x4 inches
  • My little photos are 1.75x 1.75 inches (I first shrunk the photos on photoshop) and matted on 2x2 inch squares
  • SEI couture paper line
  • martha stewart butterfly punch

No comments:

Post a Comment