Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nothing makes me happier/more calm than....

Well, my last post was about how I was stressing about a work situation.  I can't really change or determine what the outcome will be, so I decided I needed to unwind about the whole thing.  So what did I do?  I started (and finished) a scrapbook project for a special little friend named Emma!

Emma is the sweet daughter of my friend Mel and her hubby (my boss).  Emma and I have become closer in the last couple of months, and I have treasured the moments we've had so far.  My adorable new friend is an incredible dancer....a ballerina.....and she is currently at a dance camp in Michigan for the next couple of weeks.  I know her family is missing her dearly.

Here are a couple of photos of Emma and her friends dancing (some of which are at camp with her) in their 2nd annual backyard ballet.  It was AWESOME to watch the original choreography and experience the musical journey they created for all of us :)

[insert photo from backyard ballet here] - I was planning to insert some photos here, but I'd rather make a separate blog about the backyard ballet.  So take a peek soon...it's coming!

You can imagine how incredibly touched I was to get an email requesting my address so she could write to me!  How cute is that?!  I can't wait to get my first letter!

Anyway, I had had every intention of sending her a little something special for camp after remembering that her mom told me she journalled her experience - specifically notes on the techniques and new moves she is learning.  I remember thinking that this was incredibly mature for a 13 year old.  I mean, I don't ever remember being that serious about anything at her age.

Well.....we both have a love for So You Think You Can Dance, and last week's performance by Alex Wong made me too excited to wait to send her my special little something.  I had to write my first letter to her that night.  I hope she'll get to see the performance soon so we can chat about it.  I still have goosebumps when I see it.  Alex Wong is a classically trained ballet dancer who was completely out of his element when learning this routine.  He killed it!

You can watch the performance here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WghpdgPc-24

Now that I've calmed down, I've managed to make the mini album that I wanted to make for Emma in the first place.  I wanted her to have a place where she could jot down the funny things her friends say at camp...this will be the mini silly journal to accompany her serious and larger dance journal.  I'll add pics of the quick mini book tomorrow.

I was so excited to use some of the ballet stickers I've had in my supplies for a couple of years now...I think it's just perfect that they'll be going to the beautiful and very graceful Emma!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! oh my! This is so exciting and so very generous of you!! I can't wait to see the pictures! I also can't wait for MY first letter from Emma...I've sent two care packages and a letter (my letter included some highlights of Alex's performance on SYTYCD, too) and I have not heard anything from her yet. I think this must mean she is having an amazing time and is super tired!!

    ReplyDelete