The Cricut Circle Blog weekly challenge and The Paper Variety Blog asked us to use flowers. So I decided to marry the three into one project.
The Scrapbook Challenge's sketch 248 looked like this:
Instead of literally interpreting the sketch, I decided to incorporate flowers into the final design. Here is what I created. Sorry the picture is so grainy...I'll have to retake one later to add here. This is pretty bad resolution.
I had been toying around with making the twisted ribbon flowers, so I took the opportunity to try one here. I think they are easier to make than rosettes, but they do require a bit of stitching to hold together. I also twiseted the ribbon on the photo block to keep the theme going.
These are the cricut cuts I used for the layout.
Flower1, Accent Blackout - 2 inches
Poppy, Shadow - 2 inches, 1.5 inches
Flower, Shadow - 2 inches
Circle, Shadow - 1.5 inches, 1 inch
Flower, italic - 2 inches