Thursday, September 16, 2010

A quote that nails it....

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind.  To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse.  To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better.  To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."
- King Whitney, Jr.
 
I've been in a serious funk....a mostly unhappy, stressed out funk for the past couple of months. Personally and professionally, I've seen some changes - some pleasant and some not.
 
I haven't made anything creative in quite some time because I've let the funk consume me.  NOT FUN (If I were on facebook, I would be screaming for an unlike button). I'm not one to normally express my stress outwardly, but I've come unhinged a bit.

Has that really helped?  Hmmmm....I guess.  At least I feel heard.

Is it changing anything?  Hmmmm....not really.

So....what to do.....not sure.  What I do know is that I need to release creatively.  Sooooo this weekend...I'm gonna work on something scrapbooky, go dancing, and drink lots with my friends.  I just need a few, unrestricted giggles right now.

Then we can think about the change we need and hope it is, in fact, inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment