Sunday, April 25, 2010

My first nerdy flower!

I couple of posts ago, I mentioned that my friend's daughter had asked me if a flower could be nerdy.  It all centered around the fact that she had been tasked with putting together some beautiful flower arrangements for the staff dinner her mom was making my team.  Her mom, Mel, is apparently not a fan of baby's breath.  However, just look at how beautiful these arrangements were:


The arrangements were in chinese take out boxes because our meal was a fantastic blend of asian flavors that resulted in a make your own take out box.  This is what the spread looked like (still makes my mouth water):


To say the least, we feasted that night.

However, back to the purpose of this posting....Ms. Emma asked me if I thought it were possible for a flower to be nerdy.  Well, instinct told me to say no....last thing I would have wanted to do was to make her feel bad about her flower choice.  However, Emma (and Mel) inspired me to think of ways to create nerdy flowers.

Well, I'm happy to report that I've created my first data-rich flower.  LOL.  It's made out of recycled floppy disks.  Though Emma might not understand why it's data-rich, I think most adults will think it's a clever/silly idea.


For a step-by step guide on how to make one yourself, check it out at my other blog!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to share this with Emma! Too funny. I'll have her make you a nerdy flower and send it to you. Cheers to staying sane by separating your blogs! I am anxious to hear more of your personal stories.

    ReplyDelete