Monday, June 18, 2012

A Baby Shower, a Bris, New Job and very little sleep

I was taking a mental break at work and decided to venture out onto my very neglected blog.  Like most things in my life, many things have come to a screeching halt since I started my new position with the Ronald McDonald House Charities.

In fact, I came home the other day and had found that my cable was down.  When I called to fix it, I was informed that I hadn't paid my bill since mid April (right around the time I started my job).  Oops! 

Before that, I was busy scrambling to help out together my BFF's baby shower and get some items made for a Bris.  Both I couldn't share before the event...and well, both happened around the start of my new gig.  So of course I don't have pictures on me.  Ha! 

Having started my new position, I can finally say that I haven't been happier.  The work I do is important....it helps families.....it's rewarding.  I've had many jobs that were important in the past but none have felt this right.

I kinda feel like this:

I borrowed this photo on-line....this is NOT my puppy.  But boy oh boy is he cute!


I'm flat out exhausted but HAPPY :)

Maybe one of these days I can get back to organizing and crafting in my room.  Things are starting to settle down at work because I'm getting into a groove but my hours are going to be long for about another 3 weeks.  C'est la vie!

5 comments:

  1. LOL at how everything else (like bills and sleep) gets neglected when you started your new job - I am the same way! What a wonderful organization you work for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering why so many folks were commenting here...so sorry about that, Pam! I had scheduled my post but it didn't publish like I had hoped to! Weird. I'll make sure to add anyone on this post to the sweepstakes!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nubia! I'm so delighted to be on the Card Cupids Team with you! Love that photo -- I know how that feels LOL! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nubioa: Isn't being on the Card Cupids DT great!! PS love your journal [and dog!]

    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering why so many folks were commenting here...so sorry about that, Diane! I had scheduled my post but it didn't publish like I had hoped to! Weird. I'll make sure to add anyone on this post to the sweepstakes!

      Delete