Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cricut Circle Blog August Monthly Challenge: Create a Scene

I think I've only taken part in one monthly challenge on the Circle blog, so I promised I would make myself try again this month.  The challenge winner gets a great prize and is randomly selected (so a very fair process).

Anyway, this month's challenge asked to create a scene.  I've seen some incredible postings already and I can't even begin to imagine how long it took these talented artists to put them together.  I only had tonight, so you'll have to excuse the lack of pizzazz.  

I wanted to think out of the box and rather than go with a traditional scenic image, I went with a 
CRIME SCENE!



Ha!  I would have done so much more with the background if I had more time, but this will have to do for now.  This will definitely be a project that I'll want to "fluff" later.  

I don't have the cartridge with the paper dolls in all the work outfits, so I had to improvise.  Instead, I used the milkman image from the Pop-Up Neighborhood and I modified the colors and drew in the badge and buttons.  I think he turned out cute.  I even changed the milk jug into a flashlight.

Plantin Schoolbook
city, tall, ball, 3.25 inches
city, shadow, 3.25 inches
circle, 1.25 inches

Pop-Up Neighborhood
milkman-s, layer2/shadow, 3 inches
milkman (twice), 3 inches
milkman, layer1, 3 inches
milkman-s, 3 inches
boy2-s, layer2/shadow, 2.75 inches (I clipped off the ball he's holding)
psngrCar, accessory layer, 3.5 inches and 2.75 inches

So I just realized as I submitted this post, that this challenge still had 5 days to go!  For some reason, I thought the deadline was tomorrow.  Oh well, I'll have to keep a better calendar next time.  At least I sent something in for consideration, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment