Tuesday, July 5, 2011

simple wedding card

I recently joined a group that gets together to make purchases from a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. This group of women has been getting together for many, many, many years and they've taken a very interesting twist on their gatherings.

While the primary intent is to make purchases from the demonstrator, we also agree to make cards (of that month's theme) to swap.  I'm behind on my cards a bit and decided I needed to do a little catch up. 

Two months ago, our theme was weddings. Now, the group often laughs at me because I tend to make cards that are pretty tedious.  When I found my source of inspiration, I thought this is super simple!

This is the cute card I found on-line that I wanted to try and replicate.

Looks relatively simple, doesn't it.  Well, of course I didn't have these exact stamps and punches, so I had to improvise.  While kitty sitting on Saturday for a friend, I took the liberty of snooping at all her stamps and found these amazing lace doily stamps!  I am sooooo going to need to buy this set.  I love it!


I loved the stamp results, but I didn't quite account for all the fussy cutting that this would involve.  Fussy cutting is when you pick a particular design (on a fabric or piece of paper) and painstakingly detail cut that image around. In this case, I cut out all the doilies.  Oh my!

However, I think the final result was well worth the "simplistic" overall look of the card.

The cute Happy I Do Day stamp is a Stampin' Up! item....so happy I bought that set :)

Here is my final version of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment